Pages

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Thank You to an Angel in Disguise

Welcome to my blog again, and thank you for visiting - I do appreciate it when you call by.

We recently have had a few disruptions to our usual laid back lifestyle, and during this time we had a friend who visited each day and bought us fresh baking - yummy!!  

This is the thank you card I made for her.


I started by stamping the May Boutique stamp from Layers of Color in black ink on white Cryogenic paper and clear embossing it.  the image was then painted with twinkling H2O's.  



The combination of the paints and paper gave an incredible sparkle to this IRL, and I have tried to capture it here. I then matted that onto a blue card and onto a white base.


  The sentiment was then stamped and cut out and sponged using the smallest die from the Spellbinders Ribbon Tags Trio.


The twill ribbon was simply folded and held in place with glue dots to make the bow, and the button adhered to the top.

I simple card to make, but one that I was very pleased with, as is the "angel" who received it.

I am linking this to:


Thanks for visiting - may your day be blessed


17 comments:

Lovely Linda said...

Hello Maxine - this is lovely - you have captured the shimmer beautifully and I am sure it is even moreso IRL! Love the twinkling H2O's and the gorgeous bow - I am sure it is appreciated by your 'Angel!' Thanks for sharing! {{{hugs}}}

NinaB said...

This is lovely, Maxine. Beautiful coloring and I love how you did the button and ribbon.

Laura Kirste Campbell said...

How special...both the sweets and your gift of your talents! Beautifully done and made from the heart with love, it shows!

Kary said...

What a thoughtful friend you have!! I'm sure she loved this card you made. I can imagine how pretty it is in real life with the shimmery twinkling H2O. Gorgeous!!

Jennie said...

So pretty Maxine! Lovely blue flowers and nice ribbon treatment. Very nice shimmer to the image :)

Inkypinkycraft said...

Really pretty, the shimmer is great.thanks for playing at anything goes.trace x

Keri Lee Sereika said...

So cute Maxine! I would bring you some fresh baking if I thought I would get such a lovely TY note! LOL ;) I hope life settles just a bit for you and that you get more time to create. This is a slice of blue heaven!

Amy Johnson said...

Such a lovely Thank you card! Love the shimmer!

Vicki G said...

Such a pretty card! I'm sure that your friend just loved it! Thanks for playing with us at Touch Twin!

Vicki

Grace said...

Hi Maxine! Oh what a beautiful card!!! LOVE your coloring of this great image, and the shimmer is incredible!!! Your friend is going to so appreciate this card and will treasure it I'm sure!!! Hope you have a great week!!!!
hugs,
Grace

Julia said...

Beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at The Stamping Boutique! Hugs, Julia-DT

Miranda said...

very very pretty Maxine, gorgeous

thanks for joining our challenge this week
hugs
Miranda TSB DT

Sandy S said...

Beautiful card Maxine! good luck & thanks for playing with us at The Stamping Boutique!

Sandy :)
DT TSB

Heather "Hev" said...

Very pretty :)

Thanks for playing in the Incy Wincy Challenge and be sure to check in to see if you are the lucky winner :)

Heather

Audrey Ernst (hippieaud) said...

Very beautiful, I am sure your friend will love it. Hope all is ok now. Loving your use of Twinkling H2Os, look so pretty!! Thanks so much for playing at THE STAMPING BOUTIQUE:)

Jeanne Streiff said...

Fun blue flowers! Thanks for playing the Touch Twin Challenge!

Shannah said...

What a lovely friend, and I'm sure she loves her beautiful card! Your colouring is gorgeous, and even in the photo you can see it shimmers beautifully! It must be fab in real life! Hugs, Shannah xox