Pages

Monday, December 13, 2010

Flowers for Ashley and MMSC#82

Greetings to you all, and once again, I want to say how much I appreciate your visiting my blog. 

May I also take this opportunity to wish you all the best for Christmas and the New Year - may you know the peace of Jesus as you prepare for the festivities, and be blessed with family and friends to celebrate with.

This card was made with a dear Aunt in mind - my late mother's sister is the last of her immediate family, and was the closest of her family to us, so she is rather special to me.  Knowing that she loves her garden was a starting point for this card.
This flower was one of a packet that I bought recently, and 'fitted' the colour scheme beautifully... I wanted to draw the eye to it, but not dominate the whole, so used the rhinestones as an accent in the centre, which is just above the main panel.

I wanted the stamped image to take centre stage, so simply embossed the silver panel using the cuttlebug folder fantastic flowers. 

 The main panel was stamped using two images from the Layers of Color set Merci Bouquet.  The flowers were stamped using Memento Tuxedo Black,  then masked and the vase was stamped with Brilliance Pearlescent Olive ink.  Both images were then coloured with chalks.
Both the small panels were mounted on dark green card, before assembling the card as a whole.  
The dp is some from a pack I bought in Australia (at KMart) some two and a half years ago.  The lace is some that I have had on hand for a wee while now and have been itching to use, so with the the sketch challenge having scallops at the base, I grabbed it with great glee :-), then had to find ribbons that 'worked' with it!
I have since heard from my aunt that she loves the card.

This is being linked to:

Thanks for calling - May your day be blessed.

8 comments:

Priscilla said...

Thank you so much for joining in the fun this month. Your card is just wonderful and very beautiful.I lvoe the pearls in the center of your flower. Great take on the sketch and we are thrilled to have you as part of the MMSC family. I hope you have a wonderful holiday and a very Happy New Year!! Thank so much for playing the Midnight madness sketch challenge.
Priscilla
MMSC Hostess

Grace said...

Hi Maxine! Oh my goodness this is beautiful!!! I love how you colored the gorgeous Merci Bouquet image and that lace is gorgeous! What a thoughtful card for a special lady! She will love it! Great take on the MMS sketch too!
hugs and blessings,
Grace

Lovely Linda said...

Hello Maxine - this is gorgeous! I love the Merci Bouquet Flowers and that divine lace! Gorgeous! It is alwaya a pleasure to visit your Blog Maxine! Love it! Thank you for playing along with the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge for this sketch - we appreciate your support and love to see what you have been creating! Merry Christmas and Happy, Happy New Year to your and your family!
{{{hugs}}}
Linda MMSC Design Team

Mary's Creatieve verslavings Blog said...

Hi Maxine,

what a lovely way to make a flower card, beautiful.
Thanks for joining us at Delightful Challenges,
Mary

Ms. Jen said...

What a lovely birthday card! Thanks for joining us at The Hodge Podge Shop! Hope to see you next time.

Hugs - Jen

marsha said...

Beautiful flower card Maxine! I love the lace and the center design of the flower! Thanks again for joining us for this month's challenge!
Hugs,
Marsha
MMSC-DT

Darsie Bruno said...

What a pretty card with so many fabulous elements! Thanks so much for playing with us and we can't wait to see your creations next year! Merry Christmas and a Happy and Healthy New Year to you and your family!
Hugs, Darsie
Midnight Madness Design Team

Laura Kirste Campbell said...

Pretty card, Maxine! I love the layers of goodness!