Pages

Friday, August 13, 2010

Kimko and Blossom

Greetings to my guests :-)  My apologies for being M.A.I., but life conspired against me both card making and blogging, but I did manage to get into the studio this afternoon and make a card.

I used the Cuttlebug embossing folder called Kimko - which has an image of a Japanese girl for the first time today.  I ran some gold metallic paper through it, and I was very pleased with the result.  Unfortunately the light was terrible by the time I had completed the card, so I have scanned it, not photographed it, and the sheen did not show as well as it does in real life.





The base card was a pale blue and looked insipid, so  the edges were sponged with Memento Blue Danube ink, which really made it pop! 

The blossoms are a digi-stamp from The Creative Mind Of Sylvie - My SIL last weekend spent ages upgrading my computer, and I could not work out how to shrink the image on the programmes I now have, so I printed it full size and trimmed a couple of branches from it!!  Where there is a will there is a way!

I coloured the flowers with chalks and adhered them using my xyron machine.

The greeting was gold heat embossed and the card was complete.

Thanks so much for visiting, and being patient when I was not able to post.

May your day be blessed.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Gorgeous - is this for Aunty Shirley?

Sylvie said...

Hi Maxine, Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog leading me to your latest creation...Wow! your card is gorgeous, It's the first time I've seen that cuttlebug folder what a great one!.. I love how you've adapted the blossoms they look so beautiful on your card. Thankyou for using my image..
Bug Hug from London UK..
Sylvie XX