Pages

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Note of thanks

Greetings - I have been MIA for a few days, as we have had our Grandson and parents visit, and I even got into the garden today - I had to lift some tubers before they disinteregrated in the wet cold soil!!


I made this card a week or so ago, but have not been able to get back to my card making, so decided that I would post this project.


I wanted to make a card to thank some friends for some assistance they gave while I was away from home.  


The friends are a very musical family which did affect my choice of stamp - the images are from the Layers of Color set Joyful Noise.  I also wanted to use a technique that I saw on Stamp TV that is called  "Reverse Nestabilities", which gives dimension to a project, and potentially uses off-cuts from other projects.


I started with the warm red base, and decided to use the limey-yellow piece that had been used previously to cut out a scalloped oval from - I then took the piece of green which had had a plain oval cut out of it, and layered that behind the scalloped layer. 


The main image was then stamped and embossed on a piece of white card, and carefully positioned it on the main card base, while lining it up under the top layers.  A bit of a fiddle, but worth it. 


Once this was adhered, I then popped up the top layers on dimensional tape after attaching the bow. 


This card is has a Clean and Simple look to it, but the dimension gives it a special feel - the recipients also appreciated it.


Thanks you for calling by - I trust you have a day full of joy - we have, as we have had our first sunny day in nearly two weeks :-)



1 comment:

Lovely Linda said...

Hello Maxine - what a perfect card for your friends! I love the way you have used the Negative Nesties - fabulous! That cleft from Layers of Color is gorgeous and looks great embossed! Your colours are a great choice Maxine! I love it! Thanks for sharing Maxine - it is always a pleasure to come and visit you! {{{hugs}}}