Pages

Friday, June 11, 2010

A case of another card

Greetings to all my visitors - thank you for calling by.


This morning I saw a blog post on Patter Cross's blog which immediately inspired me to use some papers that I had bought yesterday.  The resultant card is, I feel a reasonable 'case' - where you take the concept of a card and change elements on it to make it your own.

I changed the colours to purple and green to start,  then changed the image, to the 'fleur-de-lis stamp from the Layers of Color set Acanthus Leaves, which was stamped with Brilliance Pearlesence Thyme ink. I changed  the ribbon and bow to  some sparkling ric rak. I also embossed the greeting. The image panel was distressed and sponged but not stitched onto the base.

I then added some pearls to the top left corner, the top of the feature panel and the base of the leaves.

Thank you Patter for the inspiration, and I hope you have enjoyed this visit.

Have a blessed day!!

2 comments:

Lovely Linda said...

Hi Maxine - what a fabulous card - a great case of Patter's card! I love the Fleur de Lis and the colours you have used - it is perfect with the DP - this is a fabulous CAS card - I think I am going to have to give CAS another try! Love the ric rac too! Love this Maxine - you use the Layers of Color images so beautifully! Thanks for sharing! {{{hugs}}}
Linda LOC Design Team

Laura Kirste Campbell said...

I love what you've done with your card, Maxine! The stitching, pearls and rickrack are perfect details. And I love the colors, especially with that Fleur de Lis stamp. Very pretty!