Pages

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Just Ducky - MMSC37 & OCC challenge.


Good afternoon to my visitors.... What a change - from masculine to childs play  I  loved it!!


I had seen the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge and when I was planning this card it fitted this image really well - and after I had made it, I realised the colour scheme had also fitted in with the Our Creative Corner challenge for this week of Blue and Green!


I wanted bright colours for this child as she really is a delight and full of fun.  I started with the green base, which is a bright, acid, green.  


I then tried to use a paper towel as a stamp to put a visual texture on the card as I had seen in an online tutorial recently - it did not work, so I inked up another paper towel with Pear Tart ink and used that instead!!


The duck was stamped in black ink and clear embossed, then painted with twinkling H2O's,  mounted on dark blue and a bright green card before being layered over the blue card at the top.


The brown punched strip was on my desk, so got used across the bottom of the card before adding the sentiment, which was gold embossed on blue.


Next came the bling around the top blue panel and the end of the sentiment panel and presto - a bright and cheerful card for a bright and cheerful three year old!


I enjoyed this card and was so pleased that it filled two challenges. 


 I usually tend more towards clean and simple when it comes to cards and was pleased that I managed the bling on this - only to find that the Midnight Madness challenge this week gives the option of CAS!!


Thanks for calling by - your comments are most treasured.

6 comments:

Carol Hurlock said...

Maxine how cute and adorable. This precious card is sure to delight and put a smile on the face of the person who receives it. Whose spirits wouldn't soar over the creative colors and details you have chosen for this. Great job with the sketch. Thank you for taking the time out to join us in the sketch challenge at Midnight Madness. We welcome you to join again so that we can visit to see your fabulous work!

Bear Hugs,
Carol :o}
Midnight Madness Design Team

Phyllis said...

Maxine, this is just a cute, cute card. Love that little duck and your colors are so bright and cheery!! The MMDesign Team thanks you for playing in our challenge this week!!

Phyllis MMDesign Team

Lovely Linda said...

Hi Maxine - this is such an adorable card! I love the image and the gorgeous colours you have are just perfect! I love the way you have used the sketch - well done, as always! Thanks for playing along with the MMSC this week - we love to see your cards and look forward to seeing you again next week!! {{{hugs}}}
Linda MMSC Deign Team

Jeni C Slack (^0^) said...

Maxine, Aww, this duck is just squawking to HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Very cute and pretty, the gems and the punches on the bottom adds so much to the card. Thanks for joining our sketch this week, xox ~Jeni & MMSC DT

Michelle's Daydreams said...

Maxine, this is so cute! I love the way the duck is just singing his heart out. :) Thank so much for playing along with us.
Michelle MMDT

Priscilla said...

Hi maxine, how cute is your duck card?? I just love the playfulness of it. Lovely take on the sketch too. You nailed it :) Thank you so much for playing the Midnight Madness sketch challenge this week. It is a pleasure to stop by for a visit :)
Priscilla
MMSC Hostess