Pages

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Flowers and Pearls - SC264

I made this card over the weekend and have decided it is worthy of a post :-)





I have made the picture large as this is the only shot I took of it.


I started with the sketch challenge over at Splitcoast Stampers, and chose the base colour  without really thinking what I was going to do... not the best way round, but that was the way it was!!  I then chose the patterned paper as it had some similar greens in it, and also some pink, which I had in mind to use - why, I do not know, as green and pink is not in my list of favourite colour schemes.... maybe the brain was in revolt, who knows!!


Cut the base stripes out of dark green and stuck the dp over it and did not like what I saw!!  Tried sponging the edges with bottle green and voila, instant transformation and I was happy, so continued around the edge of the card too!


Next came the bamboo leaves and pearlescent orchid inks and the Paper Studio flower set and the image was stamped, then put through the Cuttlebug with a Spellbinders classic rectangle nestibility.  I then cut the dark green with the next size up, and decided it was too large, but I did not want to cut it down, so the logical thing was to offset the image panel on the backing.  Hmmm, still not happy, too much blank dark green.  After a few minutes I decided to pierce it, that looked better but not enough, so out came the white pen and the 'stitches' appeared.


Assembled the whole, after much head scratching about which ribbon to use, and eventually using two,  and I was still not really happy with it.  So it sat for some time before inspiration struck and the green kaiser half pearls were added and then I was happy!!!


I have also discovered that this card 'qualifies' for the Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Challenge (#51), to use something with the letter 'P', and as I have used pink, pearls and  piercing, I have linked it up - Thanks Linda :-)


Hope the agony of the construction of this card was not too painful to read ;-)


Thanks for calling by, and your comments are always very much appreciated!




5 comments:

Lovely Linda said...

Hi Maxine - this is lovely - you have been a busy stamper! I love that image and yes, the pearls finished it off nicely - they also qualify it for the Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Challenge, which requires anything with the latter 'P' eg. pearls, petals, piercing etc!! Thansk for sharing your thought process too, it is always interesting to see how others create! God bless you my friend! {{{hugs}}}

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh how pretty< Maxine!! Love your pearls and the floral image! Gorgeous colors!

The Rubber Maid said...

Lovely card and you hit the challenge with your pearls which is the "P" catagory. Soft pretty colors. Pat

Betty Wright said...

Maxine, this is beautiful! Wonderful colors and detailing! Thanks so much for playing FTTC!

Unknown said...

Just beautiful!! Fantastic job on the challenges!! I love the color combo!