Pages

Monday, January 18, 2010

Another Masculine Card - WOW!!

I have done it again - yes there are lots of masculine cards needed at this point in the year for me, I think I think I am over the worst of them - for now.  It also just happens to fit the sketch challenge over at Crazy 4 Challenges.


This image is the last one of a group of images that Francie G on SCS sent me a couple of years ago - thanks so much Francie.


I painted it with watercolour crayons, sponged the edge of the image with blue ink, and then mounted it on some pale blue foil that I have had for a-g-e-s, after running it through the cuttlebug using the d'vine swirls folder to give the illusion of waves.


This was mounted onto some dark blue cardstock. 


I then ran the red stitched ribbon across the base of the foil before mounting the sentiment, (Tiny Happy Birthday from Hero Arts ), which I had embossed with clear embossing powder over the same blue ink that I had sponged the edges with.


I was pleased with the outcome of this card.  


Thanks for calling by and I really appreciate you leaving a comment - your comments are a real blessing.



3 comments:

Lovely Linda said...

Hello Maxinw - I love this masculine card - I am gong to ne useing that inage (or one like it shortly!) I have a pile of RAK's I am working through SLOWLY! I love the watercolouring and the colours Maxine, along with that embossing - fabulous - you are doing so well with your cards - I still have not finished ,my Christmas ones (head hung in shame!) Way to go Maxine - you are rocking these challenges!! Thanks for sharing my friend!!! God bless you! {{{hugs}}}

Jenny Gropp said...

I really love the foil CB background! The perfect touch to set off this image! Great MAN card!

Grace said...

Hi Maxine! Wowzers on this one my friend!!! I LOVE this lighthouse and your coloring is fabulous!!! I love the oval setting and the texture! Sooo great! That foil really makes a great bg!!! It's a great guy card but it really would make me happy too... I love lighthouses! Awesome job Maxine!!!