Pages

Thursday, October 15, 2009

A Baby card


Another wet afternoon spent in the studio - only one card completed, but some others enroute - this one is for a challenge over on Stamping Sisters In Christ Challenge #8 for a baby card... it has rather unconventional colours, but then it makes it appropriate for anyone. 

The main image was part of a RAK from my dear friend Linda in Australia (Lovely Linda on SCS).  I chalked this image, which was a challenge as the brown chalks I had were not the shades that I wanted, so I had to mix and match and re-colour several times.

I then found that I could just cut it out with my largest Nestabilites rectangle, so promptly did so, then mounted it on a  scalloped rectangle cut with another nestie.  The brown was a scrap that I had on hand, then the next green strip was put through a swiss dots cuttlebug folder.  The yellow was a part of a card that was killed as it went wrong - nothing is ever wasted - then mounted on a very dark brown.

The word congratulations was embossed with gold to give some emphasis.

I am quite pleased with this card - the afternoon was actually quite productive and the next few days should show this.

Thanks for visiting and please leave a comment - they are all appreciated.

1 comment:

Lovely Linda said...

Hi Maxine - I knew I recognised those bears and they look just as adorable on your 'side of the ditch!' LOL! I love this card and love the fact that it is done in nontraditional colours! Fabulous! That yellow is so bright and cheerful - perfect for babies! Infact, yellow is meant to be the first colour that they recognise!! Love this, it is perfect for the "Stampin' Sisters in Christ' Challenge! Way to go Maxine! God bless you!! Keep those cards coming my friend!! God bless you! {{{hugs}}}